Terms and Times – things you need to know
A £20 non-returnable deposit is payable on booking, the remainder to be paid on arrival. No booking is confirmed until deposit is paid.
Payment is by cash or cheque only
- Please note we do not accept pregnant cats.
- Viewings, collections, and arrivals are by appointment every half hour, we will try to accommodate any reasonable time you suggest. Your cat is very special and should have the time to settle down. We endeavour to make your loved one as comfortable as possible, please make sure you make the time for this to happen.
- VACCINATIONS: Cat Flue and Feline Enteritis.
- An up to date vaccination card is required to be presented at check in.
- Your cat should be fully vaccinated at least 3 weeks prior to staying.
- Your cat should be protected against worms and flees.
- All tom cats of 6 months + must be neutered.
- On arrival please let us know what your cat prefers to eat.
- Fees are charged by the day, including day of arrival and collection day!
- In the unlikely event of your cat becoming unwell, we reserve the right to call a veterinary surgeon should we feel the need to do so. It is the cat owners responsibility to pay all incurred fees (all precautions are taken to eliminate the spreading of infection in the cattery).
- As the cattery is also a busy family home, we would ask that you kindly make an appointment during opening hours.
Our opening hours are:
|Monday to Friday||8am to 1pm||*3pm to 5.30pm |
|Weekends||*9am to 12.30pm||No appointments available|
|Bank holiday Mondays||*9am to 12.30pm||No appointments available|
|Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day – No appointments available|
The rest of the time is spent doing our everyday routine jobs and ask that you respect our opening hours.
*If you need an appointment outside of these times we will be more than happy to discuss this with you.